Having to close your business due to coronavirus government restrictions is going to affect so many small businesses. Shutting your doors (TEMPORARILY) after the years of blood, sweat and tears is bound to take a mental and of course, financial toll.
Please remember this is just TEMPORARY, there will be an end to this and you have the opportuntity to COMEBACK stronger than ever.
You can make two choices; hide and disappear or be present and keep fighting. If you choose to fight, I believe you can take this opportunity to build an even bigger client base and online presence and when your doors DO reopen (and they will), you will be ready and waiting.
I know this time is tough, I am right there with you, so I have put together a bunch of Monday to Sunday content ideas so you don't have to stress and use brain power on what to post. It will be different to your normal posts, but that's OK, this is a time to shine, take a side step and adpat to this everchanging situation.
MONDAY POST IDEAS:
- Motivational Monday; post a motivational post.
- Move it Monday; share a post or video of you moving. Doing a silly dance or doing some exercice. You can set an example during this time and show your followers you can still keep moving even if we are staying home.
- Meme Monday; Create a meme or share a funny one that made you giggle. We all need a good laugh to get us through.
TUESDAY POST IDEAS:
- Tip Tuesday; share a tip, share why you are the expert in your field or a tip on using your products (particularly if you are still product selling online during this time)
- Too Good Not to Share Tuesday; share a positive or fun post from another social account.
- Testimonal Tuesday; post old testimonals, remind your clients/customers why used your services or purchased your products. Toot your own horn a little.
WEDNESDAY POST IDEAS:
- Words of Wisdom Wednesday; post an inspiration quote
- Welcome Wednesday; welcome any new followers or give them a shout out if they are a business.
- Who are you? ; post a little bit about yourself, your experiences, your knowledge and skills.
THURSDAY POST IDEAS:
- Throwback Thursday; throwback to an old post, reminisce, write a new thought on the post
- Thoughtful Thursday; Record a video or Story on your current thoughts. You can be honest and open about how you are feeling and share it. People need to know they are not alone.
- Travel; share a previous destination you visited or a someone you would like to visit once this is all over. Ask others to share their travel inspo too.
FRIDAY POST IDEAS:
- Feel Good Friday; share a feel-good story. It could be from your own experience or a story you have seen or heard. Keep it relevant to our current situation.
- Fri-YAY Favourite: share how you are celebrating FRI-YAY. It could be a favourite homemade Cocktail, favourite Netflix show, favourite outfit etc.
- Flashback to a memory/timeline event; flashback to when you opened your business or celebrated a business milestone or achievement.
SATURDAY POST IDEAS:
- Spring Clean Saturday; being stuck at home is the perfect opportunity to do a little spring cleaning, organising (hello Marie Kondo?) share your newly organised cupboard, draw or office space.
- Stay at Home; share activates, workouts or hobbies you have been doing while being at home. Do a little video, share a photo or IGTV.
SUNDAY POST IDEAS:
- Self Care Sunday; share your self-care tips. A bubble bath, face mask, Pilates workout, podcast you are listening to de-stress
- Selfie Sunday; share a selfie and a fun, interesting or quirky fact about yourself.
I hope you find these content ideas useful. They should last a few weeks, with each day having 2-3 suggestions and then you can start again! Leave your own ideas in the comments below.
See you on the flip side of this!
It's Your Time to Shine,
Blogs and resources to help small businesses branding shine! I provide tips on DIYing your Social Media using the Canva App. Make your social graphics shine! New Blog every Wednesday!